Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Hamburger...seven plus years.

So, one sad day a little over seven years ago I ate a hamburger and it was so gross. From then on I stopped eating them. I was completely disgusted by them. The look the taste and the smell. I knew it was all in my head but I couldn't force myself to eat one. I even had dreams about them. All bar b ques lost the appeal they once had. Well I have an announcement..I again like the hamburger. I had only ate one in over seven years up until last week. Since then I have ate three. This is a huge step for me. You might laugh but it is. Here is a picture to capture the deliciousness of it.




Okay this one is huge. The three that I ate have been really thin meat patties. I think I will stick to the thin ones until I am fully ready. Baby steps!! Maybe next I will try a hot dog.

8 comments:

  1. Lol. I hate it when things ruin a certain type of food. I couldn't eat peanut butter for the longest time because I ate too much when I was younger. Hamburgers are seriously very delicious. That's what we had just the other night with corn on the cob. Summer yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYY A hamburger im so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too just started eating hamburgers. I hadn't eaten them in almost 12 yrs till about a month ago. (pregnancy does that to you):) YUMMY! Now I LOVE hamburgers. Oh the joy that they bring me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am curious... Where did you eat the hamburger? Where is it from? I've been out to eat with you MANY TIMES and NEVER ONCE would you touch a Hamburger. I tried at numerous places. DO TELL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was at the Cedar Fort Rodeo. I made my keep cooking it more. The others were at Bar B Ques. I am not sure I can try one at a fast food place yet. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Athina,
    Long time no see. I love your blog and the you have recommitted to hamburgers. I only eat them at the Lehi rodeo...they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo! That is great news and I'm so happy that you enjoyed it. Welcome back to the burger-eating, burger-loving world!

    ReplyDelete